The Year in Review: All the highlights and none of the calories
* For more in depth stories and images visit the Left On Red blog.
- Writing and creating our first full length record, TRACKS:)
- Left On Red was written about in several big publications and cool blogs including Black Book, GO Magazine, Lucid Culture and The Buffalo News and received mention in TimeOutNY.
- We went to SXSW and performed at The Red Gorilla Stage on 6th Street and had fun adventures!
- Performing at The Bitter End for CMJ in NYC and being listed by Black book as one of the top bands of the festival.
The CRAZIEST Subway Performance of the year:
Third Place: The Man who believed he was Spiderman and crawled out from the subway tracks on 23rd street while Kelly and I were singing "Sweet Child Of Mine".
Second Place: Stripper Girl at Penn Station - She appeared to be just another normal passerby but as we continued to play "Joy to the world" for a large crowd of morning commuters, the lady with the fur became the lady with no top.
First Place: Stripper Girl Steals the Mic Umm..well, weeks and months went by and Kelly and I continued to busk and tour and work on the new record and we almost forgot about stripper girl; until one crazy Winter morning..
The BEST "We are moving up in the world Gig":
Third Place: Playing The River To River Music Festival in NYC
Second Place: Performing on the Main stage at The Elmwood Avenue Festival of The Arts
First Place: Co-producing and performing for a packed house at The Chocolate Revolution Show with our friends and awesome musicians in Buffalo at Ani DiFranco's Babeville.
Close Runner-ups in this category:
The Grand Central Holiday Fair, Being hired by Brookefield Properties this Winter to play in some of the fanciest office bulidings in the city while wearing Santa hats and singing multi-religiously festive ditties, opening for Rachael Sage at Babeville, Playing at Cafe Lena in Saratoga Springs and recording at World Class Studio "The Carriage House" in Stamford CT with amazing players and peoples:)
THE BEST NUMBERS of 2010:
158 Radio Stations that played our self-titled, Left On Red EP
9 the number of musicians on TRACKS
117 The number of gig we think we may have played both above ground and below - but we will keep better track next year;)
1 dream to make music that is true and beautiful and share it with the world..to take our own direction and make a Left On Red always!