The next Left on Red Show will be March 10th at Caffe Vivaldi 7:15PM. We will be opening the night and followed us will be master cellist, Mike Block. Mike has performed with Yo Yo Ma and Lincoln Center and his band is fantastic. We are psyched to share the night with you and with them next Wednesday:)
This Sunday night Kelly will be performing Jazz tunes with International fingerstyle champion guitarist Pete Huttlinger at Memorial Hall in her hometown of Shelburn Falls. Get tickets here:
And now for the news:
March is here and February flew, and was full of challenges and triumphs for these two musical adventuresses. Below are some highlights that we would like to share with you. Thanks for reading and supporting LOR:)
Liah and Kelly
Kelly Hallaron and Liah Alonso at The Chocolate Revolution Show - Ani DiFranco's Babeville The Ninth Ward, Buffalo, NY (Photo by Eric Halloran)
- The Chocolate Revolution show at Babeville was a great success! We spent a week in Buffalo with our good friends at Planet Love who were a huge support and helped us out tremendously. Not only did they house and feed us with amazing vegetarian food, but they also promoted the event to all their friends. We are so thankful to them and to all of our friends in Buffalo who helped us to get the message out there.
Collectively, The Chocolate Revolution brought an increased awareness about the issues surrounding the production of many chocolate brands. The story was covered largely in the local press, even making it to the business section of The Buffalo News! The actual show was packed to capacity and attendees enjoyed free fair-trade chocolate samples from Equal Exchange and from the local Lexington Food Co-op.We also sipped chocolate stout and chocolate martinis as we rocked into the night with drummer Sean Sullivan of Woody Dodge and John Nau.
- Left on Red Furthers Green Initiatives: We recently launched the new and improved “Green Page” at leftonredmusic.com. Also, our Green Book Club finished and discussed "Living Green" and chose the next book. If you would like to join in the discussion please e-mail us and we will add you to the group. The next book is called Mountains beyond mountains.
- I (Liah) drove in a blizzard for the first time and survived! Seriously a scary experience for those of you who have never done it. I only got our little rental car stuck once! Granted, we had to abandon the car in the snow and shovel it out in the morning but still...one time is pretty good! I will tell you one thing, after spending one week of Winter in Buffalo, NYC winter seems like Springtime. I loved that about Buffalonians, even when the weather is bad they still go out and have a blast.
Kelly and Joe getting ready to shovel out our brave rental car
- Dream it Do it: We performed and spent some time with some very talented teenagers from the Bronx as part of the "Dream it Do it" Program. This program works with Bronx teens outside of the classroom. It focusses on inspiring these kids by introducing them to new activities through speakers and performers in different fields. It encourages them to set goals and dream big. It was so much fun to speak with them and talk about their dreams while sharing our story and music with them.
- New "Busker's Around The World" Video on Youtube
- First episode of "The View From The Treehouse" launches this month. This wiill be a monthly web series featuring four fanstastic females chatting about health and being green.
-LOR travels to Mexico st the end of March to plan their South of The Border Tour!